FIND ANSWERS TO SOME OF YOUR QUESTIONS BELOW OR CONTACT US ANYTIME.
WE’RE ALWAYS HERE TO HELP.
Product Quality And Safety
The quality and safety of our products are our top priorities, and our quality control procedures are among the strictest in the industry. Our sophisticated tracking system ensures raw ingredients are tracked from time of receipt at our plants, through their inclusion in finished products, and on to retail stores.
Suppliers of ingredients for our products must meet our stringent standards for ingredient specifications, product safety, sanitation and manufacturing practices. Our products are produced under strict processing standards to ensure high quality is maintained in our products.
Additionally, pet foods are among the most highly regulated products and are subject to federal law, including FDA and USDA regulations, and state laws, as well as many of the laws that regulate the labeling and distribution of human foods.
Yes. We have a meticulous quality assurance program for every incoming load of ingredients. We have ingredient specialists at each of our North American Purina® pet food manufacturing facilities, who are trained to sample and analyze incoming grain. Our grain testing program helps ensure only high-quality grains are used in our products. This testing is part of our comprehensive food safety and HACCP programs
We maintain a strict code of standards for buying, storing and processing ingredients used in Purina® pet foods, including grains. Every supplier of ingredients for Purina® pet food must meet stringent standards for ingredient specification, product safety, sanitation and good manufacturing practices. Our quality assurance standards are among the strictest in the pet food industry.
Beneful® offers a wide variety of formats and flavours to meet the needs of your dog. Consider the following to select the Beneful® that’s right for you:
- Beneful® Originals With Real Beef: with real beef the #1 ingredient, accented with spinach, peas & carrots - all in a mix of tender and crunchy bites dogs love.
- Beneful® Originals With Real Chicken: with real chicken the #1 ingredient, accented with avocados, carrots & tomatoes – all in a mix of tender and crunchy bites dogs love.
- Beneful® Originals with Real Salmon: With real salmon accented with sweet potatoes, green beans & carrots, and nutrients your dog needs to help him maintain a shiny coat and healthy skin.
- Beneful® IncrediBites® Grilled Sirloin Steak Flavour: with real beef accented with carrots & peas, in a small-sized kibble for a small dog like yours.
- Beneful® IncrediBites® Rotisserie Chicken Flavour: with real chicken accented with carrots, sweet potatoes, & spinach, in a small-sized kibble for a small dog like yours
- Beneful® IncrediBites® Roasted Turkey Flavour: with real turkey accented with carrots, peas, & spinach, in a small-sized kibble for a small dog like yours
- Beneful® Playful Life®: with real beef the #1 ingredient, eggs, and accented with blueberries & spinach - plus protein-rich nutrition helps support strong muscles.
- Beneful® Healthy Puppy: with real chicken the #1 ingredient, accented with peas & carrots - plus DHA to help support healthy brain and vision development.
- Beneful® Healthy Weight: with real chicken the #1 ingredient, accented with apples, carrots & green beans - plus 10% fewer calories than Beneful® Originals With Real Beef.
- Beneful® Healthy Smile® With real chicken accented with carrots, yogurt, & a dash of parsley - plus Smile Bites™ and Other Crunchy Kibble to help clean teeth and freshen breath
- Beneful® Chopped Blends™, 283g: Finely chopped, with real ingredients in just enough sauce to let the delicate taste and delightful texture shine through.
- Beneful® Prepared Meals™: Big meaty chunks, wholesome grains and vegetables your dog can really sink his teeth into. You’ll love the resealable 283g tubs for leftovers – if there are any.
- Beneful® Medleys: With real meat, veggies and grains in a generous sauce, Beneful® Medleys in 85g cans creates a mix-in mealtime experience your dog will savor.
Feeding recommendations for adult dogs can vary, depending upon the breed, activity, and metabolism of your dog. Every package of Beneful® brand Dog Food will offer feeding guidelines for adult dogs or puppies.
Depending upon your dog's breed, activity, and metabolism you may need to adjust the amount of food you are feeding in order to maintain an ideal body condition. Ideal body condition for a dog is defined as:
- One in which the animal is well proportioned
- Easily observable waist behind the ribcage
- Ribs can be felt with a slight fat covering over them
This wet food for dogs is made with real ingredients – vegetables, grains and chunks with real meat or poultry.
Unlike traditional wet dog food, which comes in a can, Beneful® Prepared Meals™ offers dogs a ready-to-enjoy meal in a clear, re-sealable, plastic container.
AAFCO And Beneful®
Although AAFCO has no regulatory authority, the Association provides a forum for the membership and industry representation to achieve three main goals:
- Safeguarding the health of animals and humans
- Ensuring consumer protection
- Providing a level playing field of orderly commerce for the animal feed industry.
These goals are achieved by developing and implementing uniform and equitable laws, regulations, standards, definitions and enforcement policies for regulating the manufacture, labeling, distribution and sale of animal feeds – resulting in safe, effective and useful feeds by promoting uniformity amongst member agencies.
AAFCO establishes model regulations, labeling and nutritional standards, as well as ingredient definitions. Uniformity of standards and definitions for pet food labels helps make labels easier for you to understand as you select the appropriate product for your pet.
Pet food that is labeled with a "complete and balanced" nutritional adequacy statement for animals of a certain life stage can only do so if they have met the stringent standards established by AAFCO, substantiated by laboratory analysis, feeding trials, or analysis comparable in nutritional adequacy.
A class action is a type of lawsuit where one or several people can sue potentially on behalf of a larger group of people.
A class action can be filed against almost anyone for almost anything. All that is needed to file is a complaint alleging something. No proof whatsoever of wrongdoing is required. Many class actions are filed not to seek justice but to force a settlement. While there are legitimate uses for class actions, they are often used as a tool to generate publicity and force a defendant to settle. In those cases, it is usually the lawyers who benefit most – class members often receive only pennies on the dollar in a settlement.
A case filed as a class action does not officially become a class action until the court determines that the case meets specified criteria. This determination does not usually happen until many months after filing. During this time, there can be misinformation and confusion to spread among consumers and also harm the corporation’s reputation. Many cases are found not to qualify as a class action at all because of differences in class members or their experiences with the product or service